Security and peace of mind - at a reasonable cost.
HBC† optional Credit Insurance program helps you make payments when you can't. Account Protector for HBC† MasterCard® or HBC Credit Card customers delivers peace of mind by protecting you and your family. Knowing that you have valuable insurance protection on your account means you can relax – and get on with the important things in your life.
Account Protector coverage for HBC MasterCard and HBC Credit Card
Key benefits of Account Protector coverage:
Comprehensive – pays off your account balance in full
Covers your outstanding credit card balance1 up to $10,000 when you can’t, due to:
- Loss of life
- Accidental Death
- Involuntary Job Loss
To receive HBC Reward points present both your HBC Credit Card and HBC Rewards Card when making purchases at HBC stores.
Enrolling is Easy – No medical required
There are no health questions. The cardholder must only meet the age eligibility requirements, at least 18 and under 75.
The cost is only $1.49 per $100 per month of your ending monthly balance plus any applicable taxes. For Quebec residents, your ending monthly balance is determined by adding the unpaid balance for each day in your billing cycle and dividing the total by the number of days in the billing cycle ("Average Daily Balance"). There is no charge if there is no balance or average daily balance.
Premiums are applied to the cardholder's account as a purchase that will appear on their billing statement. No additional bill payments to worry about.
100% satisfaction guaranteed
Do I qualify?
To be eligible for Account Protector coverage, you must be:
- 18 years of age and less than 75 years of age.
For disability and involuntary unemployment coverage, the Primary Account Holder must be gainfully employed on a full time, 25 hours or more per week, permanent non seasonal basis at the date of loss.
The Secondary Account Holder is eligible for Life and Accidental Death coverage.
How much does Account Protector coverage cost?
- The cost is only $1.49 per $100 per month of your ending monthly balance plus any applicable taxes. For Quebec residents, your ending monthly balance is determined by adding the unpaid balance for each day in your billing cycle and dividing the total by the number of days in the billing cycle ("Average Daily Balance"). There is no charge if there is no balance or average daily balance.
- You are free to cancel at any time
- If you cancel within 30 days, you will receive a full refund
- Insurance is not required to obtain an HBC MasterCard or HBC Credit Card
Who is the insurance provider?
Account Protector is underwritten by American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida and by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida, Assurant SolutionsTM companies.
1. Outstanding credit card balance is assessed at the Date of the loss of life, disability or loss of employment.
2. Primary Account Holder means the person in whose name the account is issued. If the account is issued in more than one name, the Primary Account Holder will be deemed that person who is named first on the billing statement.
3. Secondary Account Holder refers to the person, if any, whose name appears second on the insured account.
†Hudson's Bay Co., HBC, HBC Rewards, the Bay, Home Outfitters and their designs are trademarks of Hudson's Bay Company. Zellers and its associated design are registered trademarks of Zellers Inc., a subsidiary of Hudson's Bay Company, used under licence.
Credit is extended by Capital One®.
© 2012 Capital One. Capital One is a registered trademark. All trademarks used herein are owned by the respective entities. All rights reserved.
® MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
epost is a trademark of Canada Post Corporation.